Squeeze Play! team members – including volunteers – enjoy a discount on the Weekly Menu!
Calling all produce enthusiasts!
Be part of a hands-on, grassroots nonprofit effort that is invigorating San Diego's organic food system by making awesome locally grown fruit and veggies convenient, affordable, accessible, and jump-up-and-down exciting to San Diegans!
Squeeze Play! Home Runners are our community's heroes: the happy, responsible, friendly folks who deliver awesome and affordable organic produce to savvy families. Share smiles and recipes with the most wonderful people in San Diego, and return to your home with glorious fruit and veggies made even more affordable by your generous team discount!
Tag teams are welcomed! Several Squeeze Play! Home Runners bring along a partner or friend to make deliveries all the more fun and easy.
Home Runners must be available on Wednesdays mornings.
- You are a fruit and veggie lover, and have a friendly, positive attitude!
- You have a valid driver license, insurance in your name at your San Diego area address, a safe driving record, and a cell phone.
- Your vehicle is reliable, smoke-free, and is larger than a sedan. Ideal vehicles include SUVs, minivans, and vans. For a few routes, only 4-door hatchbacks (like Prius or Matrix) are acceptable. A truck is acceptable only if it has an enclosed, water-tight bed. Unfortunately, sedans, coupes, and other small cars are not efficient for delivery.
- You are available every Wednesday, and would be sure to let us know as far in advance as possible if you needed to miss a Wednesday. (We deliver produce every week except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, since several of our farmers take those weeks off.)
- You can lift and carry 25 lbs. Yeah, you'll get some exercise too!
- You are dependable, conscientious, neat, and detail-oriented.
Schedule: Every Wednesday morning year-round, except for three weeks off at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Start times, end times, and route length vary depending on factors like the number of families in your area, the length of the route, and your preference, but we keep it pretty consistent from week to week. Expect to start between 9:15 and 11 a.m. and end between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Location: Most Home Runners report to Squeeze Play! HQ at 6350 Riverdale St, San Diego, CA 92120, in the Grantville area of Mission Valley, where you'll review your produce, pack your car, and receive your Driving Directions. Your route will end at your home.
Compensation: Take home some dough, and/or trade for amazing produce – with SP!'s low prices and your team member discount, you can bring home a lot! Home Runner compensation is $10/hour plus mileage reimbursement (currently 30¢/mile, and most people can deduct 55¢/mi from your taxes, saving you some more dough!). Mileage is reimbursed based upon the route from Mission Valley to your home. Hourly compensation includes your time to review your produce and pack your vehicle, and of course, your route!
To apply, please fill out this quick application. Thanks!